Friday 20 December 2013

Is It Likely For A Homeschool To Deliver High College Science?

Is it likely for a homeschool to give high college science that should be acceptable to colleges? My boys had biology, chemistry and physics at home, all with science labs, without any outside help from schools or co-ops. Not only did our chosen colleges accept our science records, they also offered us best scholarships, within 3 full-tuition scholarships at my sons' first decision university!In our homeschool, we had Biology with Lab on the transcript. I gave course descriptions for colleges. The course description was a lone paragraph in length, that described how we taught biology. Many regarding the info I got from the catalog description regarding the textbook we used.



I wrote a list regarding the labs that we did, creating use of the list from the book's table of contents. I demonstrated my grading criteria, carefully showing every chapter grade, and a grade for every lab write-up my babies completed. A good lab write up got 100%, but little of them weren't so good. That gave the colleges a thorough explanation of precisely what our transcript meant when it spoke about Biology with Lab. I saved all the tests and all the lab write-ups, in case a college should ask for a sample of their work some did! no.



We did all our work in all our sciences at building by ourselves. To be honest, I don't ever have knowledge of an item about physics, so my children were wholly on their own with that one with some help from a video tutorial. I just graded tests and looked at the lab write ups. If the lab write up created sense to me, they got 100% - if it did not make sense to me, they got something less. Consequently I do understand biology and chemistry, they did most of that work on their own as well.



Several even most colleges shall accept lab sciences done at home. There exists some exceptions, however. For example, the University of Washington wants proof of science instruction. That is howcome they prefer the ACT test. The ACT covers higher than reading, writing and math.



It covers science as well. They acknowledge the ACT test as proof. They also accept SAT 2, AP, and community college lab sciences as proof. But the University of Washington is within the minority, due to the fact that most colleges don't ever have more requirements. The UW policies have also changed a best deal over time.



If your child is keen on ANY college, it's a good system to confirm their policies every year, due to the fact that they can change drastically. Forgetting about record keeping is on of The six Biggest Mistakes Parents Make When Homeschooling High School. Whether you can be thinking about accreditation and transcripts, you can be probably not going to make this mistake! Read how to stay away from all six mistakes in my free e-mail mini-course. My e-book, The Easy Truth About Homeschool Transcripts shall display you how to how to product that best at-home curriculum into an AMAZING transcript that shall impress the colleges!.

No comments:

Post a Comment